[M3devel] Auto-generated html documentation and new tools

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Fri Apr 12 02:48:11 CEST 2013

After a small clarification to m3-defn-complete.tex, I reran the autogeneration that
produces various alternate forms, e.g., .ps, .pdf. and single- and multi-page html.
Many of these are checked-in to CVS, even though mechanically generated.

All the html files have many differences.  The current checked-in files were built
by LaTex2HTML v2002-2.1 and generate HTML 3.2 Final.  My computer has LaTex2HTML v2008,
which generates HTML 4.0 Transitional.  This information is visible within the html files.
In addition, there are many instances of a few kinds of tag changes.  Anecdotal examination
revealed no content changes.

Does anybody have any problems with checking these new versions in?

Also, what is the relationship between the autogenerated html files in cm3/doc/reference/complete/html,
the older html files in cm3/doc/reference, and what we see at the elegosoft website?  If I check
in the regenerated files into CVS, will they be seen on the website?