[M3devel] EXT: Auto-generated html documentation and new tools

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Sat Apr 13 02:39:06 CEST 2013

Rodney:

If I remember correctly, I think the files in cm3/doc are those that are supposed to form the doc subfolder of the cm3ide installation (formerly Reactor).

I think there are some scripts that are supposed to update the generated files.

Thus, back in the day when Critical Mass was selling their product, I think they ran the scripts to populate the doc folder before making a release of the product onto CD-ROM.  Then, during the customer's installation, the doc folder would get pushed to the customer's hard drive.

I know that cm3ide expects to find certain information in the doc folder.

Hope this helps a bit.

--Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney M. Bates [mailto:rodney_bates at lcwb.coop]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:48 PM
To: m3devel
Subject: EXT:[M3devel] Auto-generated html documentation and new tools

After a small clarification to m3-defn-complete.tex, I reran the autogeneration that produces various alternate forms, e.g., .ps, .pdf. and single- and multi-page html.
Many of these are checked-in to CVS, even though mechanically generated.

All the html files have many differences.  The current checked-in files were built by LaTex2HTML v2002-2.1 and generate HTML 3.2 Final.  My computer has LaTex2HTML v2008, which generates HTML 4.0 Transitional.  This information is visible within the html files.
In addition, there are many instances of a few kinds of tag changes.  Anecdotal examination revealed no content changes.

Does anybody have any problems with checking these new versions in?

Also, what is the relationship between the autogenerated html files in cm3/doc/reference/complete/html, the older html files in cm3/doc/reference, and what we see at the elegosoft website?  If I check in the regenerated files into CVS, will they be seen on the website?