[M3devel] CM3 CVS to GIT conversion, was: Re: Trial conversion(s)

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Thu Apr 25 08:34:13 CEST 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 07:38:46 +0200
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org> wrote:

> Great idea!
>
> https://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations
>
> cm3 organization is already created on github, and also modula-3 exists.  Ideas?

I think the most important question we need to answer first is if and how
we should split up the CM3 repository into several smaller ones, i.e.
factor out standalone applications and projects like ESC, caltech-parser,
m3lectern, m3gdb, etc.

I'm not sure if we can do this easily later with git.

I'd also like to see some performance numbers for a complete clone and
checkout, as this is what several of the regression test jobs will do.
Of course the latter can be done based on a local slave repository.

I've created a Wiki page to document the migration project in trac at
https://cm3-bugs.elegosoft.com/cm3/wiki/CvsToGitMigration

I'd like to encourage everybody to add their ideas and notes there.

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH -- http://www.elegosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Michael Diers, Olaf Wagner | Sitz: Berlin