[M3devel] syntax err in SocketWin32.m3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 19 08:56:13 CEST 2013

BOOLEAN is wrong. It should be WinDef.BOOL or int or such -- 4 bytes. Not INTEGER, that will be 8 bytes on Win64.

 - Jay

From: rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 01:23:24 +0000
Subject: [M3devel] syntax err in SocketWin32.m3

Jay:

I'm trying to rebuild cm3 on Windows XP.

I'm getting a compile error at line 59 in m3-libs\libm3\src\os\WIN32\SocketWin32.m3

That line is as follows:      True : BOOL := 1;

The type BOOL is not defined.

Later this variable is used in the call

    EVAL setsockopt (t.sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR,

                     ADR(True), BYTESIZE(True));

I'm not sure if we could replace with "True : BOOLEAN := TRUE;" or if the setsockopt is expecting a certain encoding.

Based on the file history, I think you may have made this change, so thought I would run it past you first before I messed around with it.

Thanks,

Randy Coleburn