[M3devel] cm3 does not support Scan.LongInt

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Sat Dec 14 11:45:18 CET 2013

Converting my automaton simulator I have just discovered that there is
no Scan.LongInt though there is a Fmt.LongInt.
Would anyone mind this to fix in the main trunk?

Also I hope that there will be a ready-to-use GUI as soon as I will come
into implementing the GUI part of the simulator.
I had a superfluous look at Modula-3 Qt but I am not yet sure on how the
signal concept was mapped onto Modula-3.
How do I f.i. listen to a 'pressed' signal on a QPushButton?
There is no 'pressed' method or procedure variable in the
QAbstractButton interface which I could override.
Daniel, could you have a look at it? At worst the Qt port could be
infunctional (Sorry, I haven`t tried that yet.).
Also I believe a full integration of Randys Trestle port could give us
an additional backup if something did not work with the Qt port.

and: Concerning the widechar support, 16bit characters will just be fine
for Qt as it does internally use UTF-16 and thus UTF-16 character arrays
can be directly converted into a QString. So if we would choose to
introduce a 32bit character type I would give it another name like f.i.
UCHAR in order not to break code that does rely on the current 16bit
character width.

Elmar