[M3devel] cm3 does not support Scan.LongInt

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Tue Dec 17 20:20:17 CET 2013

The Xorg documentation defines:

typedef struct {
   unsigned char byte1;
   unsigned char byte2;
} XChar2b;

oopsla:
   byte1 = N div D + min_byte1
   byte2 = N mod D + min_char_or_byte2

so this is big endian in deed (no matter of the arch).
Perhaps Modula-3 should then store in host byte order and only convert
on request.
Defining it to be little endian would impose a certain unnecessary
overhead on VAL and
ORD and would most likely require byte swapping for Qt which I
understand to
implement QChar as host byte order (" Most compilers treat it like a
unsigned short").