[M3devel] new release

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Feb 6 16:38:22 CET 2013

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:38:56 -0500
Mark Morss <cornstalk at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> On 02/05/2013 04:13 PM, Tony Hosking wrote:
> > The last official release contains known bugs. Best I think to go with
> > the head of the repository.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On 06/02/2013, at 6:46 AM, "Coleburn, Randy" <rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
> > <mailto:rcolebur at SCIRES.COM>> wrote:
> >
> >> I am in process of getting a new computer to replace my old office
> >> computer.
> >>
> >> I’ve installed the new Visual Studio 2012 Express and want to rebuild
> >> my CM3 source tree.
> >>
> >> It’s been a long time since a new CM3 release was made.
> >>
> >> I note that Jay has done a lot of work and I’m not sure exactly what
> >> is the state of the main branch in the CM3 repository.
> >>
> >> Would folks advise I stick with the last official release, or update
> >> to the current main branch before rebuilding everything?
> >>
> >> The target machine is running Windows 7 Enterprise edition.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Randy Coleburn
> >>
> Well, that's a little bit disturbing.  Would it be much trouble for
> someone to gin up a new release with the latest corrections in it? Not
> everyone wants to fool around with CVS.

Well, I think we will do a new release as soon as the C backend has settled.
But you can always get current snapshots of the system from the Hudson
builds, at least for Linux and FreeBSD, see

http://www.opencm3.net/snaps/snapshot-index.html

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH -- http://www.elegosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Michael Diers, Olaf Wagner | Sitz: Berlin