[M3devel] cg.declare_subrange should pass on cgtype

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Mar 5 06:56:39 CET 2013

Isn’t it already there (implicitly) in the bitsize to be used to represent the range?
The representation CG.Type chosen in the front-end dictates exactly what is needed in terms of bits (8, 16, 32, 64).
The backend is supposed to respect the bitsize.
So, why do you need to duplicate that information?