[M3devel] thread local storage, but in C pieces of runtime... (jay, tony?)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri May 10 22:47:37 CEST 2013

From: dragisha at m3w.org
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 21:31:20 +0200
CC: mika at async.caltech.edu; m3devel at elegosoft.com
To: jay.krell at cornell.edu

Yes, POSIX defines it, and then usually does not change it every now and then.
Portable .i3 files would be a bit easier if you did not insist on pointer alignment of 64 on platform where 32bit is a standard :). Bit packing gives enough control over how struct is being made with only problem there being insistence on 64bit alignment for pointers, although it can be controlled with BITS .. FOR.
As for m3core mess, and it was lots of it, you are right and work you two did is great.

--Dragiša Durićdragisha at m3w.org

On May 10, 2013, at 8:03 PM, Jay K wrote:Posix defines a C source interface, not an ABI.