[M3devel] ARMEL_LINUX on Raspberry Pi progress report

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 17 01:10:08 CEST 2013

  > cm3cg
 > Did you think your edits have fixed it?

I think so.
There are some intermediate edits that don't compile/link,
but in the past day or two I've built many cm3cg for many targets,
on amd64_darwin host (m3-sys/m3cc/src/buildmany.sh, not necessarily
all the way through, but I sort broken ones to the end).

If you do try it, keep in mind that cm3cg and C-backend
  aren't necessarily compatible.

Passing and returning structs by value is a particular sticking point,
 which I might be fixing soon, but I don't make promises there
 to either make the compatible, or keep them compatible.

Install them to different places, e.g. /cm3.cm3cg and /cm3.c.

That is good that tetris works.
Trestle apps do work on Darwin/amd64/c and NT/amd64/c.
At least mostly.

If you do get cm3cg working, please report back perceived compiler
performance differences. And, hopefully, remember, and report
again much later when I get "batching" implemented -- cc -c foo.c bar.c
instead of cc -c foo.c && cc -c bar.c; on Windows I know it makes
a noticable difference.

Thank you for bearing with all this,
 - Jay