[M3devel] cm3 -DTARGET=foo

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Sep 1 09:42:22 CEST 2013

I forgot and it is worth reminding everyone:

CM3_TARGET=foo cm3
  does work
  in sh/bash/Posix
Given config files and everything else.
We do have such config files.
"everything else" means cooperative cc/ld.
At the very least, it is good for "biarch" systems:

 CM3_TARGET=I386_DARWIN cm3
 CM3_TARGET=AMD64_DARWIN cm3

For these cases though, we should probably take a hint
from others:
  cm3 -64
  cm3 --64
  cm3 -m64
 (andy number of dashes, followed by optional m, followed by 32 or 64
guides target toward 32bit or 64bit variant of host or default target)

also
 CM3_TARGET=arbitrary cm3 -boot

But there should be a command line option besides the environment.

Appe's gcc is also nice, switches like -arch ppc -arch x86 etc.

Anyway, not a big deal..
 - Jay