[M3devel] EXT:RE: [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 24 01:58:02 CEST 2013

Randy,

1) can you please tell me exactly what release of cm3 you are using so I can go through the bootstrap myself and fix everything?

2) OR, can you please install a newer release and try bootstrapping from that?
I uploaded new .msis last week or so.

3) What did you do between "stage 1" and "stage 2"?
In stage 1, you did build and ship, not just build, right?
And then you copied the new cm3.exe over top of the old?
 Or to a new install location, and use that for stage 2?

You cleaned everything after stage 1?

The whole process is subtle and needs to be done just right, very much by design and appropriate, but still somehow tricky to understand and explain.

There is a distinct lack of guaranteed compatibility between versions, again, deliberately, and again, a proper bootstrap works ok anyway. We should perhaps do better at version stamping some things though.

Thanks,
 - Jay