[M3devel] pthreads status

Michael Anderson michael.anderson at elego.de
Tue Aug 26 15:34:35 CEST 2014

Hi Antony,

elego owns and manages the following Modula3 domains/DNS Zones:
modula3.com
modula3.org
opencm3.com
opencm3.de
opencm3.net

We would be glad to transfer the domains or set up redirects as needed -
let me know what you'd like to do.

Considering the remaining Modula3 infrastructure at elego:

* Hudson
The Hudson installation at http://hudson.modula3.com:8080 has not been
actively maintained for some time. The hudson installation itself is
outdated and, many (most?) of the build jobs and scripts are fairly
broken and need work. Also, the jobs/scripts need to be modified to use
Git instead of CVS. elego doesn't presently have resources to do this,
and unless someone from the community take this upon themselves, I'd
like to decommission the present Hudson instance at some point.

If someone is interested in taking over the continuous integration side
of things, please let me know. We would be glad to set up and host a
fresh Jenkins installation on a new virtual server.

* WWW & package download
We can continue to host the websites at opencm3.* and modula3.* if
desired. If I recall correctly, all of the HTML is in the cm3 repo, as
well as a script to deploy changes to the website. Your account on
birch.elego.de should have the necessary rights to run the deployment
script. If anybody else would like to maintain the web presence, I can
set up the appropriate account permissions. Perhaps the existing package
archives should be moved to GitHub?

* CVS
I've chmodded the cvs repositories read-only. We can host them as long
as desired.

* Trac (cm3-bugs.elegosoft.com)
I suppose you'll be using GitHub for issue tracking and wiki? Shall we
keep the trac site going - perhaps read-only, with a link to the GitHub
site?

* birch.elego.de (linux-amd64 server)
At some point in October/November I'll be migrating services from birch
to new hardware. If we still have modula3 services running, I'll move
them to a dedicated VM.

Please let me know if you have any questions/problems. I can be
contacted for at michael.anderson at elego.de.

Regards,

Michael Anderson

--
Michael Anderson
IT Services & Support

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
Building 12.3 (BIG) room 227
13355 Berlin, Germany

phone +49 30 23 45 86 96      michael.anderson at elegosoft.com
fax   +49 30 23 45 86 95      http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Olaf Wagner, Michael Diers, Sitz Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 77719, USt-IdNr: DE163214194