[M3devel] Cooperative suspend?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Jan 19 23:58:27 CET 2014

1) portability; We currently have separate code, roughly, for MacOSX, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NT, and the other Posixes.
MacOSX doesn't have Posix semaphores, for example.
This would give us one codebase here.
Only IA64 would likely remain an outlier, because stack is not merely the address of one local to another, but includes also the grow-up stack for the register saves.

2) It'd workaround the wow64 problem.

 - Jay