[M3devel] Status of CM3

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun May 25 18:36:16 CEST 2014

On Sun, 25 May 2014 22:35:09 +0800
Bruce Axtens <bruce.axtens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> Should I assume that CM3 is alive, in palliative care or dead? The trac
> system is full of spam and the roadmap hasn't moved for 3 years.
>
> I had a long and fruitful relationship with Modula-2 years ago and thought
> that perhaps I could restart things with CM3.

There is certainly some activity in M3 development recently, though
the community is rather small.
The trac system has never been much used by the community members;
and the WWW presentation and regression testing system has lacked
my support, as I couldn't spent any time on these topics for
almost 3 years.

You should check the m3devel mailing list for news though:
https://mail.elegosoft.com/pipermail/m3devel

There has been a lot of activity at the beginning of this year;
it has ceased again during recent weeks.

All CVS commits can be found here:
https://mail.elegosoft.com/pipermail/m3commit

A new release is long overdue; I'm afraid I cannot do the release
engineering this time.

There has been some effort on moving the CVS repositories to git;
I'm not sure what the status is there, too.

Any help wrt. documentation, presentation or software is greatly
appreciated ;-)

Regards,

Olaf Wagner
--
Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH -- http://www.elegosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Michael Diers, Olaf Wagner | Sitz: Berlin