[M3devel] Status of CM3

mika at async.caltech.edu mika at async.caltech.edu
Wed May 28 20:04:38 CEST 2014

Yes it worked pretty well as far as I remember.  There was still some
issue with a segfault we never debugged, but that was compiling all the
CM3 stuff plus my own big repository.  You were able to help me bootstrap
the regular compiler on ARM so that is what the regular ARM_LINUX is now
(for Raspberry Pi).

     Mika

---

Jay wrote:
The C backend works quite well.
I was able to cross-to and self-world-build many platforms.
Including bring up new platform: AMD64_NT.
There is a jmpbuf alignment problem on AMD64_NT worked around by using libcmt.lib instead of msvcrt.dll.
jmpbuf remains a platform-specificity in the frontend.

 I believe we had mostly good experience with Linux/arm and maybe Dragonfly?
 Not sure.

 Going through C source and C compiler is noticable slower.