[M3devel] Status of CM3

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Wed May 28 20:24:06 CEST 2014

On 5/28/2014 19:31, Jay K wrote:
>> B) We want to convert FreeBSD to c-backend
>
> I believe I tested FreeBSD/x86 and/or FreeBSD/amd64 with the C backend.
>
>  > C) There is no support for DragonFly, we want to add that
>
> This is easy.
>
>> D) We want to do B+C before the next release
>
> C is easy. B requires a decision/consensus.

Hi Jay,
B requires a decision if it replaces m3cc on FreeBSD.
However if FreeBSD can keep m3cc but also be configured to build with
C-backend, then it shouldn't need a consensus as everyone wins.

I realize that that the real question is not about FreeBSD, but rather a
project-wide decision, however.

John