[M3devel] existant backup data against losses from server crash

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Thu Apr 2 10:18:54 CEST 2015

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:11:38 +0200
Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb at elstel.org> wrote:

> Am 31.03.15 um 15:40 schrieb Elmar Stellnberger:
> > Dear Modula-3 maintainers and developers; dear Elegosoft,
> >
> >   Last year I have downloaded the complete modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3
> > page including several source and compiled versions of CM3.
> > Today I have visited your page again and saw the message that many
> > links were broken on your page due to data losses on a server crash.
> > I believe that I still have the web image of your page somewhere
> > around as downloaded by wget -R. It should allow the recovery of all
> > lost release data which was available to the public. If you are
> > interested I will burn some blue rays from it which I can send you via
> > snail
> > mail (uploading would be far too slow with my internet connection).
> > Just let me know ...
> >
> > Yours Sincerely,
> > Elmar Stellnberger
> I have had a look: The archive is still here, roughly 25GB in size and
> would fit on a single BD.

Sorry for the late answer and thank you for your offer.
Actually, the crash was several years ago, and though we have
not recovered all of the old archives, I doubt that anybody will
still need them.

Alas, the web presentation is completely outdated, I really need
to put up at least the latest news there. M3 is now hosted in
a Github repository, and new release archives should be hosted
there, too.

Olaf
--
Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH -- http://www.elegosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Olaf Wagner | Sitz: Berlin