[M3devel] C version of Modula 3

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Thu Apr 2 18:09:14 CEST 2015

To compile with C code generation, try M3_BACKEND_MODE="C" at the top of
your m3makefile.  I believe this will also run a C compiler on that, going
all the way to libraries/executables.  I suppose cm3 -keep will leave the
C code around afterwards.

It has sounded to me like Jay has this tested and working for building the
compiler and libraries, on at least some targets.  As for putting the generated
C code where it is accessible on the net, I don't recall hearing anything about
that.  If you have a working head compiler, you could probably generate it yourself.

OK, so on rereading, I see that every sentence above has a hedge word in it.  Jay?

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org