[M3devel] "get member reference" /load/store(field name)?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 10 06:23:05 CEST 2015

I want load/store of field names, or of constant array indices, to include a string or M3.ID indicating the field name.
This way, the C backend can avoid hardcoding the offsets. A step toward target-independent generated C.
Ok?

Similarly, I want expressions involving BYTESIZE(INTEGER) or BITSIZE(INTEGER) or BYTESIZE(pointer) or BYTESIZE(RECORD or ARRAY involving INTEGER or pointer) etc. to be in a state that the C backend can render them in a target-independent way. Thoughts?

Basically, I want to generate one version of C that works on all targets.Currently we are far from that, and it isn't easy.The jmpbuf change was a small step in that direction.