[M3devel] Build Server - Plan

Darko Volaric lists at darko.org
Fri Aug 14 18:22:08 CEST 2015

The solution for SPARC might be to create a cross-compiler. That's not
ideal but would be useful for verifying that things compile for the
platform at least, short of having the right hardware.

I disagree with your "only for experts" assessment. The point of this
server is that you don't have to compiler the compiler and a backend just
to get the latest (or even a properly working) compiler. That's the very
"expert" work I'm trying to automate.

What this system spits out is everything you need to compile anything you
want - a complete and working compiler. Not everyone wants or needs to use
all the packages. If you do, you can. Here are the instructions for doing
that: "cd <source dir>; cm3 <options>"

At some later date I'll also be working on MacOS, Windows and Debian
installers, and installation will be trivial then. Until then it will be a
matter of following simple instructions to set up CM3 the required tools.

I'll be opening up the server to anyone who wants to do something
different. If someone wants to produce tarballs they can setup their own
VMs and they will get built too.