[M3devel] Build Server - Plan

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 16 12:04:29 CEST 2015

It is like you thought:The SOLsun build used the Sun C compiler, and probably assembler and linker.The SOLgnu build used the GNU C compiler, and maybe assembler, and maybe linker.It isn't a big deal.Turnkey is based on what people have installed.I don't know how to acquire/install the Sun compilers.
Also,"SOL" is SPARC32_SOLARIS.We now have SPARC64_SOLARIS, I386_SOLARIS, AMD64_SOLARIS.I didn't want to double up those also.Arguably we don't need configurations..just a collection of factors.
 - Jay