[M3devel] frame per procedure instead of frame per TRY?

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Sun Jul 19 14:02:24 CEST 2015

Am 2015-07-19 um 12:19 schrieb Jay K:
> And all the other NT platforms are faster.
> They don't link/unlink anything.
> They have metadata describing prologs.
> The runtime can use that to restore nonvolatile registers (including
> the stack) at any point.

including NT-AMD64 or not? -
but PowerPC, MIPS, Alpha, Itanium and ARM?

interesting. What happens if I have a variable being kept in a register
like register int x? These registers would still need to be saved as
a prolog could never tell us (i.e. we would then again need a linked
list) ...

... and then if we have prologues we would not need to pin down
any word that could refer as a refany to the traced heap in our
locales area but only those which really do (The question is of
course what data is in these prologues and what data is not.).