[M3devel] User interfaces for Modula 3.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Jun 1 02:29:44 CEST 2015

What user interface libraries are available for Modula 3?

I know there's Trestle.

But is there something like GTK or QT or somethng I can use like cairo
to draw really pretty text?  Anything that supports lots of Unicode?
I don't mind havein to do my own character placement based on font
metrics of some sort;  not now, bit later, I may have some really
weird layout constraints.

In case you're wodering about the application:

I'm doing preliminary planning for something like a text editor with
several windows, one with the raw text, and another with a continuous
(as continuous as I have cpu cycles for) display of the results of rather
complex calculations on that text (such as proof checking or
described graphics).

Modula 3 isn't the only candidate for a programming language, just the
leading candidate for historical and bootstrapping reasons.  The others
at the moment are OCAML and some kind of statically typed Scheme.

And of course, I may decide that theo whole projecct is infeasible.

-- hendrik