[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Mon Jun 1 05:28:13 CEST 2015

I am quite sure that the cm3/cm3cg incompatibility is two-way, i.e.,
both must be new or both old.  So, I would expect INSTALL_CM3_IN_BIN=yes
to fail regardless of the order of building the two.

OTOH, if cm3 were built and shipped, then m3cc came immediately after,
it should work, because m3cc contains no Modula-3 code, and the new
cm3 would not, when building it, run cm3cg.  After that, there would
be a consistent set. for further compiles.  But any package containing
M3 code built between cm3 and m3cc would fail.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org