[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Mon Jun 1 10:58:59 CEST 2015

On 6/1/2015 10:53, Jay K wrote:
> make-dist makes everything.
> It makes a "min" distribution and an "all" distribution.
> Hopefully you can read it through it makes semi-reasonable sense.

yes, I already figured this out.

> This is all my doing -- which is to say, I quite like it,
> but not necessarily anyone else.
> min as I recall, is just the compiler: cm3, cm3cg, mklib, config,
> m3core, libm3
>  (mklib is only for NT386 target, but it is small and innocuous)
> all is everything, including min
> I don't like the confusion and purported complexity of breaking
> things down into several medium sized packages, with dependencies.
> I want more of a "one stop shop", granted, a big one, that
> gives everyone stuff they won't use.
> But I compromised and it makes to things.

Right now, I'm assuming I can write an "install target" that copies from
$STAGE/$DISTRIBUTION to where it needs to be installed in ports.  If so,
this approach is fine.  Simpler even.

> cvs is pretty awful.
> I'm still more productive in it than git, but I expect that will change.
> But ok. cvsup can work. The error is for a trivial thing.

I'm attempting to replace "IsDarwin() or IsSolaris()" with "False" and
hopefully that will work.  I don't know quake language.

(I don't know why IsDarwin does't work because it's defined in the new
cm3 distibution's cm3cfg.common.)

Let's see how it goes.
John