[M3devel] Are all 5 gcc branches used?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 4 00:58:50 CEST 2015

It was totally working.

I built the whole Darwin x86/amd64 system, ran gui apps.Got AMD64_NT working.Built all four variations of Solaris I think.Maybe cross bootstrapped but didn't c_compile other systems.I386_NT was probably working.

And now if you try it there are assertion failures, like about right shiftinga signed type. Some errors about duplicate typedefs.

It has bit-rotted slightly. Maybe with the Unicode work?

Anyway, I'll repair it.

It really was fully working.Debugging was getting better, better than non-m3gdb systems.There is still a uniquifier appended to every local.In case you have;
int a;{ int a;{ int a;}}}
we give youint a_1;int a_2;int a_3;

I need to fix it to only uniqueify in the presence of duplicates.

Globals should be made debuggable instead of just being an array of bytes.Other than globals, structs have fields.TEXTs aren't viewable I think.

But for systems like Darwin and NT and HP-UX that don't support m3gdb, debugging is already better.Build times are noticeably regressed.

 - Jay