[M3devel] User interfaces for Modula 3.

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Fri Jun 5 10:29:24 CEST 2015

Am 01.06.15 um 05:32 schrieb Rodney M. Bates:
> There is a QT binding in cm3/m3-ui/qt.  I have no experience
> with it.

Dear Hendrik,

   I am also very interested in a good GUI environment for Modula-3.
It would be very nice if you could share your experience with the
current Qt bindings if you should resolve to give them a test. Once I
had started to port the program at http://www.elstel.org/coan/
to Modula-3. That time there were no Qt-bindings and I had started
to program my own bindings for M3. As far as I can remember they
use virtual methods instead of signals or slots. I am very likely to
continue my work on it at least if the current Qt toolkit should not
be as good as desired. By the end of this summer I would suppose
CoAn to be available under an OSSy license and being ported to
Modula-3.

Elmar