[M3devel] mklib disabled

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Fri Jun 12 15:39:33 CEST 2015

On 06/12/2015 12:21 AM, Jay K wrote:
>   > https://github.com/modula3/cm3/blob/master/m3-sys/mklib/src/m3makefile
>   > https://github.com/modula3/cm3/commit/3389c3e2b8b320cce060c6620dcd77c4667671f1
>   > 1. m3-sys/mklib will not compile without things from m3-libs/m3core/src/win32,
>   > 2. m3-libs/m3core/src/win32 will not compile on non-windows targets, using the
>   >    release compiler.
>   > 3. mklib is only used on windows targets anyway.
>   > So, omit mklib altogether, except for windows targets.
>

>   It is true it did not compile with the released non-Windows m3core.
>   I fixed that.
>

>   It is true it is only used when targeting Windows.
>

>   However I want this the way it was.
>   In particular, because w/ it disabled, I have some propensity
>   to break Windows-specific aspects of scripts/python, that leaving
>   it enabled reveals. It is pretty cheap.
>

> Ok?

Not sure I understand, but it sounds like you want to put the github repo
in a state where it can not be built by the 5-8 release?  If so, that is
not OK.  The github master branch should always be buildable by the most recent
release.  Otherwise, we are just insultingly unwelcoming to anybody who
is not an insider.

You are an insider.  Just change it back the way you want in your working directory
after you do a pull.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org