[M3devel] pthread scheduling fairness of Signal

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Mon Jun 29 15:40:48 CEST 2015

On 06/28/2015 01:16 PM, Antony Hosking wrote:
> It mirrors the user-level threads information as far as I recall.

Do you think that was intentional in the original user-level implementation?
It seems like an open invitation to starvation.  And it seems even more
important for condition variables than mutexen.  (hush, spell checker!)

Mika's high-volume thread tester continuously churns out
"Thread <n> appears starved or deadlocked" messages by the hundreds.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org