[M3devel] How to integrate llvm into cm3

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri May 22 13:06:00 CEST 2015

On Fri, 22 May 2015, dirk muysers wrote:

> >> What about the said platform dependencies you have discovered?

> Not me (I never seriously considered using it), but many people on the
> llvm forums pointed to the fact. One example among many:

Why should the LLVM IR be platform independent? Like object files, the ll
bitcode files are platform dependent. Of course, there must be a way to
address processor specific instructions. Intrinsics are used for that
purpose. If you want processor specific optimizations, then LL cannot be
platform independent.