[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 09:39:13 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 05:18, Rodney M. Bates wrote:
> OK, this is working for me on LINUXLIBC6.
>
> With the release compiler installed:
>
> $ cm3 -version
> Critical Mass Modula-3 version 5.8.6
>   last updated: 2010-04-11
>   compiled: 2013-09-13 21:38:06
>   configuration: /usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3.cfg
>   host: AMD64_LINUX
>   target: AMD64_LINUX
>
> And a freshly pulled git repository from github,
> in cm3/scripts:
>
> 1) $ ./do-cm3-all.sh realclean    #Clean everything
> 2) $ ./do-cm3-front.sh buildship  #Build a compiler & its support libraries
>
> All compiles succeeded.

At first I was thinking "this is kind of horrible" until I realized that
this is pretty much what the former boot-cm3-with-m3.sh script was
doing.  I figured out a way to incorporate this technique into the
port's makefile.  Unfortunately, I can't say I found success.

#
/mech/construction/mech/ptrees/default/lang/modula3/work/bootstrap/bin/cm3
-version

Critical Mass Modula-3 version 5.8.6
  last updated: 2010-04-11
  compiled: 2014-01-02 01:01:20
  configuration:
/mech/construction/mech/ptrees/default/lang/modula3/work/bootstrap/bin/cm3.cfg
  host: AMD64_FREEBSD
  target: AMD64_FREEBSD

I am seeing the same exact m3cg version stamp errors as I saw on the
python upgrade script.  Here's my build log so you can verify I followed
the procedure:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~marino/m3a.log

I don't know it would work for you on linux but not me on FreeBSD ...

John