[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 12:40:29 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 12:27, Olaf Wagner wrote:

> I'm afraid I'll have to reproduce your setup locally on my FreeBSD
> system at home, as I don't see the wrong step in the logs 8-|
>
> After Rodney's success on Linux I was hoping that everything still
> just worked as some years ago.
>
> Just to make sure: you start with a 5.8.6 release archive for
> AMD64_FREEBSD, install that, check out the git sources, and
> run the script(s) in the checked-out repository, correct? Or
> did I miss anything?

I maintain the "port" for M3 on FreeBSD.  see here:
http://www.freshports.org/lang/modula3

Because I'm building these in ports, there are certain "rules" I have to
follow using makefiles.  I've attached the in-work "port" that I'm
using.  You can "rm -rf /usr/ports/lang/modula3; cd /usr/ports/lang; tar
-xf m3-port.tar.gz" to use it to reproduce what I'm doing.

All you'd do to reproduce is: "cd /usr/ports/lang/modula3 ; make build"

To be more specific, the current repo is downloaded from github as a
tarball along with the bootstrap compiler (only once, then the tarball
is reused on subsequent).  Then it tries to build a new bootstrap
compiler in the build target and that's where it's failing.

Regards,
John