[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 16:06:30 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 15:58, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 2015 12:40:29 +0200
> John Marino <adacore at marino.st> wrote:
> I unpacked your port and tried the first step.
> But my system seems to be too old:
>
> % make fetch
> ===>  modula3-5.10.0 the bootstrap compiler only runs on FreeBSD 9.0 or later.
> *** Error code 1

This means at best your machine is FreeBSD 8.x.  The last FreeBSD 8, 8.4
(a long-term support version) expires in 4 weeks.  So you should update. :)

> Stop in /src/ports/lang/modula3.
>
> Why would it only run on FreeBSD 9?
> I actually _have_ a  working cm3 installation on this system ;-)

The port doesn't consider installed CM3.  It has to do with how ports
are now built in "clean" jails where nothing is installed.

You *could* package your working CM3 as a bootstrap compiler [1] but I
would think your time would be better spent with FreeBSD Update:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading-freebsdupdate.html

John

[1] Just look in work/bootstrap and emulate if you want to do this.