[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 18:14:29 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 18:02, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 2015 17:30:05 +0200
> John Marino <adacore at marino.st> wrote:
>
>>> I'll make a final test with an older bootstrap archive from opencm3.net
>>> later.
>>
>> It might work -- as long as you have older gmp, mpfr, etc.  I found the
>> problem with those bootstrap is they were dynamically linked to
>> libraries that don't exist anymore.
>
> Surprisingly, that went very well without any problem :-)

I'm having a hard time understanding what went very well.  I think you
are saying you took an old bootstrap from an archive, and did Rodney's
manual steps and it built without the errors I have.

If so, that doesn't particularly help me unless I want to manually build
another bootstrap.  I have to get this thing building systematically
without manual intervention or overwriting itself within a port's work
area inside a clean jail.

Probably my attempt isn't following Rodney's approach exactly, and maybe
I have to overwrite the bootstrap rather than create an intermediate one.

I'll be curious how this goes with the port and the current bootstrap
(I'm trying to avoid having to generate a new 5.10 bootstrap when I feel
it should be possible to use 5.8.6, but If I had to, I will)

John