[M3devel] gcc vs. g++ in config files?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 1 18:28:10 CEST 2015

I suggest we replace "gcc" with "g++".In all the config files (and in the bootstrap archives).And similar for Sun CC, and Visual C++ use -TP.

rationale: It will likely cleanup our LLVM stuff, which currently uses a custom Makefile and drops derived files into the src directory.  It will ease/allow using C++ exception handling in the C backend.  I've been using g++ for months/years on Darwin. counter-rationale: Not all C code is valid C++, and sometimes the meanings are different. I converted the coverage code only recently.