[M3devel] Build Server - Plan

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Sep 1 08:22:24 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 05:52:16AM +0000, Jay K wrote:
> old mail, sorry: indeed Metrowerks isn't relevant, but I figured I'd
> "stress test" my output.Digital Mars might be another.And yes the Intel
> compiler -- which is a proxy for a set of compilers -- the EDG
> frontend.

Hi,

You lost me here. What is EDG?

As far as I know, the Intel compiler is a proprietary (and complete,
self-contained) product of Intel. I think I read on Intel's forums in a post
by Steve Lionel that earlier versions were based on code that made its way
from DEC to COMPAQ but was later reworked so that it is almost all new.

An interesting tangent: I ran some tests earlier and can't remember for sure
but it seems to me there is some Open64 code in Intel's compilers. Whether
Intel wrote it and it made its way to Open64, or whether it was part of
Open64 and Intel took some of it, I do not know.