[M3devel] source paths to generics?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 29 11:44:51 CEST 2016

I haven't fully verified this, but it appears for example if I debug a generic, or fail an assert in a generic,
the source file I am told about is the instantiated i3/m3 file.

This isn't particularly useful for the programmer or convenient for the compiler, right?

The programmer would rather see the .ig/.mg files, and this is easy to provide in the compiler?
I guess it is slightly easier in the compiler, but easy to do better?

I should look into make it so?

My real agenda is I want to see:
  ../src/foo.mg

instead of
 I386_DARWIN/foo.m3

I don't want the target variation, but other points seem true also, right?

Right? The line numbers match between them, and the generic syntax is so close to "normal" that a programmer not used to it won't be confused, right?

I'll try to poke around more.