[M3devel] replace build system??

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 3 21:51:07 CEST 2016

Moving a module from one package to another is a problem I have hit.
I moved some path manipulation module a few years ago and incremental builds failed.

Not tracking optimization can be seen as a feature, or a bug.
  I might just want to not optimize a few files that I'm debugging.

WIDECHAR certainly.

Choice of C backend is another. :)
Nested functions have a different interface.
But appending "c" to BUILD_DIR is maybe a good workaround. Maybe.
I wish I could be link compatible but I don't see how.
gcc puts the static link often in a special register dedicated to the purpose -- ABIs actually designed and optimized with this in mind!
I put it as the last parameter.