[M3devel] cm3 llvm backend?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 28 01:44:19 CEST 2016

gcc has these other frontends -- ada and java at least.If they are much used -- and I don't know if they are, but if they are, LLVM should expand its goals to replace them.Just my opinion.But either way, other people are using LLVM, like for OCaml and Rust I'm pretty sure.And GPU stuff.So it isn't just C/C++, but may be a happy accident, indeed.

How much of gcc/dwarf is that way?I understand gcc does actually cater to Pascal/Modula-3?Ada some -- the multiple forms of divide, the nested functions (eventhough we have to patch gcc for nested functions, it does have some nested function support already, includinga certain optimization you won't see any any narrow C/C++ compiler -- ok, granted, they have nested functions
in their C frontend.., but still, the divide stuff..)
 - Jay