[M3devel] Assert problem

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Sun Oct 22 02:40:54 CEST 2017

On 10/15/2017 05:28 PM, Peter McKinna wrote:
> Hi Rodney,
>
>   I'm getting an assert error in M3CG_LLVM.m3 line 2131 running test p004 (and a couple of others) Can you duplicate it? I'm using the latest I think.

A quick glance at this line hints to me that you might not be getting the front end to pull
nested procedures out and put them after their parent.  I do not get this failure.  p004
does not have explicit nested procs in source code, but it has FINALLY blocks, which get
lowered by the front end into nested procs.

I have, in /usr/local/cm3/bin/config/cm3cfg.common:549,

  M3_FRONT_FLAGS = ["-unfold_nested_procs", "-check_procs" ]

which should make the front end do this.
--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org