[M3devel] Windows with MS BuildTool

dirk muysers dmuysers at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 16:31:41 CEST 2019

Continuing my attempt  to compile for X86 on my amd64 host, I removed every remaining trace of past Visual Studio versions by uninstalling everything and removing the corresponding environment variables.
I am now left with the MS Visual Studio BuildTool 2019 alone.

Trying to compile, I get now:
    C:\Users\Dirk\Dropbox\projects\libum3\tools\maketables\src>cm3
     --- building in ..\NT386 ---
     -> linking Maketables.exe
     cl.exe -nologo -DWIN32 -Zl  -Z7 -MD -Oi -c _m3main.c -Fo_m3main.obj
     _m3main.c
     _m3main.c(1): fatal error C1034: stddef.h: no include path set
     compile_c => 2
     C compiler failed compiling: _m3main.c
     Fatal Error: cc _m3main.c failed!!

The MS compiler being intended primarily for C++ where the some  "stddef.h" procedures are implemented as macros,
one must include instead include "cstddef.h". I corrected "_m3main.c" manually, but that doesn't work as the quake machinery
rebuilds it at every invocation.