[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Fri Jan 2 06:00:55 CET 2009

	cm3/m3-ui/zeus/src/: m3zume.tmpl

Log message:
	%
	% Allow native I386_NT (NT386) cm3 to run I386_CYGWIN (NT386GNU) m3zume.
	% This is a fairly real scenario in my workflow that I was ignoring.
	% I386_CYGWIN does not like commands like:
	%   m3zume ..\foo\bar => invalid extension, it probably
	%   thinks \foo\bar is the extension.
	% This is a more general problem, not fully solved here.
	% For this to be OK on native Win32 depends on that / are now accepted on Win32.
	% (Which I question from time to time, if it was a good idea.)
	%
	%
	% A problem is that on "biarch" systems, such as NT386 + NT386GNU, or
	% LINUXLIBC6 + AMD64_LINUX, /cm3/bin/cm3 can bounce back and forth between the two,
	% leading to the two worlds to come together somewhat, and perhaps interop.
	%
	% Probably there should be /cm3/bin/target/cm3, and a "portable" /cm3/bin/cm3 that
	% figures out which one to call. On Posix it would be an extensionless sh
	% that ends with "exec". It could sniff host platform with uname, like sysinfo.sh does,
	% though sysinfo.sh would also compute it, allowing skipping running the sniffing repeatedly.
	% On NT it would be nice if it could be .cmd, but more likely an NT386 binary.
	% On uniarch systems, just link the two.
	%
	% This way the systems don't have to interop, nor would the general problem of differing
	% slashes have to be dealt with. Though, it is a dilemna beyond Modula-3 as to interop
	% of Cygwin binaries with Win32 binaries.
	%