[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Mon Mar 15 23:21:55 CET 2010

Added files:
	cm3/m3-sys/m3back/src/doc/: frames.txt

Log message:
	some notes on current, ideal, and correct patterns, based on C compiler output
	What we have is usually correct, rarely ideal, and sometimes wrong.
	In particular, we are not ideal for common case of functions with
	fewer than 128 bytes of locals.
	We use a 4 byte constant where a 1 byte constant suffices.
	Or the unusual cases of no locals/parameters.
	We are wrong for functions with more than 4K of locals: need to call chkstk.
	Let's at least try to fix the second case soon, but without
	making the usual cases larger.