[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sun May 9 16:37:53 CEST 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: ALPHA32_VMS
	                                             ALPHA64_VMS
	                                             AMD64.common
	                                             ARM_DARWIN
	                                             I386.common
	                                             I386_INTERIX
	                                             MIPS64_OPENBSD
	                                             PA32_HPUX PA64_HPUX
	                                             PPC.common
	                                             PPC64.common
	                                             SPARC.common
	                                             SPARC64.common
	                                             Unix.common

Log message:
	further decomposition of config files

	There are now the following variables:
	m3back_pic, defaults to -fPIC
	m3back_unwind_tables, defaults to -funwind-tables
	(This is in anticipation of using libunwind, some day.)
	m3back_m32, defaults to -m32 or empty, depending on word_size
	m3back_m64, defaults to -m64 or empty, depending on word_size
	m3back_debug, defaults to -gstabus+
	m3back_optimize, defaults to -O2 -Wuninitialized (should be -O3)?

	as a result, most platforms don't have to set any flags

	if a platform needs a different debug format, it can set just m3back_debug
	if a 32bit platform does not work with -m32, it can set m3back_m32 to empty
	and so on
	for example I386_SOLARIS sets m3back_debug = "-gstabs"
	for example I386_INTERIX sets m3back_pic = ""
	if a platform wants to add other flags, use m3back_flags
	for example -mcpu and -march, though you can also
	piggyback off switches you want to turn off, e.g.:
	MIPS64_OPENBSD:m3back_m64 = "-mabi=64"

	Note that this logic is currently in Unix.common and therefore Mingw,
	Cygwin, VMS don't partake (none of this is relevant to native NT386)

	add -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 to I386.common
	I386_SOLARIS is seeing a lot of extra code to align stack unnecessarily to 16
	e.g. every function call adjusts the stack before the call to align it

	still to revisit:
	-munaligned-doubles
	-mno-align-double

	I suspect we don't need these with current Target.m3, since
	I boosted all the alignments. These might be useful with old compiler
	though.