[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Fri May 28 11:56:18 CEST 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/src/: m3makefile

Log message:
	support for using gcc 4.5 (currently 4.5.0)
	You make a one line edit to m3makefile to set GCC45 = TRUE.
	Probably we should support command line.
	Probably we should use a different build_dir.
	I tried briefly but failed.
	This is hopefully only temporary.

	It links gmp, mpfr, mpc directories into gcc-4.5.
	It copies the m3cg directory from gcc to gcc-4.5 (same as gcc-apple).
	(If you get errors, be sure *not* to edit the file the error
	is in, but the "normal" one in the "plain" gcc directory.)
	It copies m3gty45.h (5) to gcc-4.5/gcc/m3cg/m3gty43.h (3).
	etc.

	I don't claim it is pretty or completely trivial but it is reasonable
	and provides what I want -- ability to easily switch between 4.3 and 4.5.
	(Really I want separate build_dirs. Though you can just rename
	away the build_dir and then cd into it and run make, don't have
	to keep running cm3.)

	Note that the result:
	- doesn't have all patches applied
	tree-nested.c gives me particular pain
	- the result doesn't work yet for other not yet known reasons,
	it fails up front on anything with internal errors

	But it does compile and link at least, that is something.