[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Mon Sep 13 23:09:51 CEST 2010

Not sure what you mean here.  If you mean m3gdb will only be built
on the same machine it runs on, I think that is entirely reasonable.

If you mean no cross-debuggers (which run on one machine and debug
a different one), we should preserve these.  Especially with the
proliferation of small embedded devices, etc.

Probably not much need to be able to build such a cross debugger
until somebody has a specific need, but existing separation between
HOST (machine gdb runs on) and TARGET (where the debugee program runs)
should be preserved in the code so we don't lose the work that went
into it.