[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney.bates at wichita.edu
Mon Aug 13 23:41:32 CEST 2007

This works when I do a complete fresh cvs checkout on a different
machine and build, with flex disabled.  The checked-out files on the
second machine show the times I edited my originals on the first
machine, before committing.

But when, on yet a 3rd machine, I do a cvs update, both files show
identical times, the time that the update happened.  So something
more is needed.  Is there a way to get cvs to give updated files
the time they have in the repository, instead of when updated?

If anybody ever actually did change ada-lex.l, a touch ada-lex.c
in the makefile would be wrong.

After what I did, people who do an update now may go from building
fine (since they got the files initially from a checkout, which
gives the right time ordering), to failing.

Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 04:39:15PM +0000, Rodney M. Bates wrote:
>
>>CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
>>Changes by:	rodney at birch.	07/08/13 16:39:15
>>
>>Modified files:
>>	cm3/m3-sys/m3gdb/gdb/gdb/: ada-lex.c
>>
>>Log message:
>>	No change to the contents of these files.  This is an attempt to get
>>	the time stampof ada-lex.c to be later than that of ada-lex.l.  This
>>	will mean m3gdb will build without requiring flex to be installed.
>

> What about hacking a 'touch ada-lex.c' into the Makefile somewhere
> instead?

Rodney M. Bates, retired assistant professor
Dept. of Computer Science, Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0083
316-978-3922
rodney.bates at wichita.edu