[M3devel] Windows

j k jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 04:37:22 CEST 2007

I have the inclination, still working on time and expertise. :)
Summarize the layering for me? Which module calls which?Your mention below of the assumption of 32 bit ops at least confirms what I thought I vaguely understood reading through the source. It's just a bunch of pretty dense code without documentation, the sort I write myself when I have the whole program in my head and just need to type it all in as quickly as possible. Would the idea be to use a tagged union for this stack, or to split 64 bits ops into pairs of 32 bit ops?
You know, like, does this stack translate "closely" to the generated code, or not? If it does, pairs, if it does not, tagged union. Probably. Similarly, like, all the register dealings need some notion of pairs..? Maybe I should look at the other backend to understand better, if there is an analogous bunch of code.

Anyway, I'll try at least this weekend to verify that it's buildable asis, i know that's just a teeny tiny baby step, just push the button to build, a monkey could do it... my expertise is beyond that, but...

I suspect tagged union is it, and have to churn a bunch of code to check the type. ugh.
lots of "Is64" sprinkled, or GetSize (assuming some futuristic 128 bit type).

??

Thanks,
 - Jay