[M3devel] AMD64

Stefan Sperling stsp at elego.de
Thu Aug 16 19:50:37 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 07:25:15PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> <<< No Message Collected >>>
> --oTHb8nViIGeoXxdp--

Sorry, local sendmail screw up.
Manually messing with the mail queue is not a good idea :-/

Here is the message again:

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 01:13:06PM -0400, Tony Hosking wrote:
> I seem to recall that someone had been working on a Linux AMD64 target.
> I'd like to get that working and would be interested in any progress that's
> been made in that direction.

That was me. It was more than 2 years ago.

The problem back then was that the gcc backend kept segfaulting
while trying to bootstrap a native cm3 for amd64.

The front end is pretty much done iirc.

We anticipated an update of the backend to see if that
would fix things. Since you've done the update long ago at
this stage, I guess it's worth trying to merge the diff into
the current tree, minus the now obsolete system call wrappers
in the diff. Maybe things just work.

The diff is here:
http://www.stsp.name/cm3/cm3-linux-amd64-2005-04-18.patch

--
Stefan Sperling <stsp at elego.de>                 Software Developer
elego Software Solutions GmbH                            HRB 77719